Kenya Visa Information for Nigerians - How To Apply, Requirements
Applying for a Kenya Visa
[/sta_anchor]We will match you with experienced consultants that will guide you through your Kenyan visa process. Save your time, energy and let us help you process your Kenyan visa now. Read on benefits of using a travel consultant to apply for a visa. Click below to apply for your preferred visa.
Kenya Visa RequirementsEntry into Kenya is dependent on the credibility of the visa documents as well as the purpose of travel. Prohibited immigrants to Kenya include:
- Persons who fail to undergo medical tests as instructed by the immigrations ACT;
- Individuals with serious health challenges;
- Ex-convicts or persons whose entry into Kenya pose a threat to the inhabitants of the country.
- A valid Nigerian passport, with a validity of at least six (6) months and at least a free page for the visa stamp.
- Photocopies of the Nigerian Passport visibly showing the applicant's passport number, picture and bio-data pages.
- A properly filled and signed Form 22 - the Kenyan application visa form.
- Two (2) recently taken passport size photographs of the applicant
- Visa Processing fees.
- Proof of financial ability
- Proof of vaccination against Yellow Fever and Cholera.
- Letter of Introduction
- Marriage certificate
- Children birth certificate (if any)
- Six-months bank statement
- Proof of ownership
- Family pictures
- Tax clearance
- Ordinary/ Single Journey Visa: The single journey visa is issued to persons who need visas to enter Kenya for reasons such as business, medical treatment or tourism. Once the person leaves Kenya, he/she has to reapply for another. The entry visa is a type of Kenya visa on arrival and is valid for 3 months.
- Transit Visa: This is issued to individuals who intend to travel through Kenya to another location and it is valid for 72 hours (3 days).
- Service Visa: Service visas are issued to individuals traveling to Kenya for official purposes.
- Multiple Journeys Visa: These are given to people who for some important reason have to make frequent visits to Kenya. This is valid for 6 months to 1 year.
- Courtesy Visa: Courtesy visas are issued to diplomatic officials and service passport holders among other country officials, traveling to Kenya for official duties
Kenya Visa FeesKenya transit Visa fee is U.S $21. The Standard visa fee for an ordinary or a single entry Kenya visa is U.S $51.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to Get a Kenya Visa Application FormKenya visa application is no longer being done manually, hence, the application form is gotten online through the Kenyan eVisa website. The form is to be filled online.
Kenya Visa Fees For NigeriansKenya visa fees can be paid online on the Kenyan eVisa portal. Visa cards, Mastercard or any other debit cards are used for payments. Incomplete and rejected application process is likely due to lack of payment. It is important to note that the visa processing fee is non-refundable. Find the Kenya visa fees for different visa types below: [table id=54 /] To get more details on the various Kenya visa types, and Kenya visa application, click here.
Kenya Visa Processing TimeThe Kenya Visa processing time is usually between 2 to 3 working days.
Where to Collect Kenyan Visa upon ApprovalKenyan visas are usually issued upon arrival at the international ports of entry. However, the Kenyan Immigration's new policy expects that visitors obtain their visas online. Once the application process is concluded, if the visa request is approved, a mail would be sent to the applicant, and then the visa can be downloaded and printed out.
Kenya Embassy In NigeriaThere is a Kenyan embassy in Lagos and Abuja
Address and Location of Kenyan Embassy in NigeriaKenyan High Commission Office Address
Kenyan, Lagos Consular OfficeUBA Building, First Floor, No. 22B Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Kenyan High Commission Office, AbujaNo. 357, Diplomatic Drive, Central Business District, Abuja.
See also how to apply for...
Leave a comment