Last Updated on
Do you want to know the basic things that are necessary when applying for a tourist visa to Canada? Here are a few things to take note of when trying to get a tourist visa.
Canada is the second-largest country in the world and is known to have a large domestic and foreign tourism industry. Canada is one of the most beautiful countries in the world with a lot of tourist sights, beautiful landscapes, and interesting cities.
As of 2018, Canada recorded hosting 21 million tourists and that was the fifth consecutive year of growth for international tourists in the country. Aiding this growth is the receptiveness of Canadians to international visitors. Canadians have a reputation for being polite and generally frowning at bad behaviour.
The first step to getting a Tourist visa to Canada is to ensure that you have all the necessary documents you would need for travel. You’d get a list of some documents that would be required later in the article. You are expected to have all those ready before the next step. While doing this, you are advised to check your travel eligibility into Canada.
The next step would be to apply for the visa. It is often advised that visitors apply for their Visitor visa online as that is easier and stress-free. You can also apply for a Canadian visa at a Canadian embassy in your home country. After application, the next thing is to wait for an already scheduled interview with the embassy. You are expected to attend the interview at the exact time it was scheduled for and you should prepare for the interview.
After this, all you have to do is wait for your visa application to be approved and you are good to go.
Documents Needed For Application
- Two completed and signed visa application forms.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date.
- 2 blank pages of the Passport for visa stamp.
- Three passport-size photographs of size 4.5 x 3.5 cm taken on a white background.
- Proof of financial capability.
- Proof of accommodation/hotel reservations.
- A copy of the return flight ticket.
- Documentation showing the applicant’s ties to the home country.
- A police report showing the traveller does not have a criminal record.
- Medical insurance that covers the entire duration of stay.
- You may need to provide a medical history or proof of good health.
- Previous passports showing travel history.
- Documentation confirming the purpose of travel.
- A copy of your travel itinerary.
Processing Fees and Time
It takes about 30 days for your Canadian visa application to be processed. The estimated fees when paying online and applying in person are listed below:
- Processing fee – about ₦28,000 (about $77)
- Biometrics (per person) – about ₦24,000 (about $66)
These are to be paid in Naira and are subject to change at any time depending on the embassy’s policy.