Last updated on August 24th, 2020 at 04:45 pm
You are on this page most likely because you are worried or having issues recharging your IBEDC prepaid meter online. This simple guide will walk you through the exact steps to take so as to make your IBEDC prepaid meter online payment, generate a token, and get your prepaid meter recharged successfully.
What is IBEDC Prepaid Meter?
IBEDC prepaid meter is an electricity prepaid meter operating under the issuance of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company.
The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) is one of the 11 major electricity distribution companies or DISCOs with the license to generate, distribute, and market electricity to households in the Nigerian states. IBEDC covers 4 Nigerian states basically. These states include Oyo, Osun, Ogun, and Kwara. The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company is headquartered in Ibadan, the capital city of Oyo State.
IBEDC address and customer care contact
IBEDC head office is situated at Capital Building, 115 Moshood Abiola Way (Old Ring Rd.), Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria
Customer Care line:0700 123 9999, 09053698850.
Email: [email protected]
You can also check out any of the IBEDC business hubs here.
You can recharge your IBEDC prepaid meter through several means. You can either recharge using your smart meter card or recharge online at the comfort of your house. Here is a detailed guide on how you can recharge using your smart meter card and using shortcodes to check your account balance. This process takes time and it involves visiting any of the IBEDC business hubs in your area.
However, with nepa.ng, you can recharge your IBEDC prepaid meter online anytime and anywhere you want. You do not need to leave your current location at all as nepa.ng allows you to enjoy simple and fast payment for your electricity bill right where you are. You can top-up your IBEDC prepaid meter online in a few easy steps. The nepa.ng platform helps you save time, cost, and energy.
Requirements needed for you to recharge your IBEDC prepaid meter online
You can buy tokens for your prepaid meters online without any hassle. Customers of IBEDC have made buying electricity token simpler by adopting online payment platforms that make it possible to pay bills once you have the following:
- Your IBEDC prepaid meter number (Usually engraved in the body of the meter).
- Phone number (This is where your token will be sent).
- Internet-enabled device (PC, Laptops, or Smartphones).
- ATM card details (Master/Visa/Verve cards).
Once you have the following handy, let’s quickly proceed to how you can recharge your IBEDC prepaid meter online in simple steps using nepa.ng
How To Make IBEDC Electricity Payment Online using nepa.ng
1.From your internet-enabled device, open your browser and enter www.nepa.ng
2. Here you’d see different DISCOs listed on the platform. Click on Jos Electricity Distribution Company and enter necessary details such as meter number, phone number, email, and the number of electricity units you want to buy then click the “submit” button.
3. Review and confirm your order summary, then select your preferred mode of payment (i.e. Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your card details appropriately.
4. The system accepts your payment details if entered correctly and then takes you to the final page which shows you that your order has been confirmed. Your token is sent to your mobile number and email address immediately.
Enter this token correctly on your IBEDC prepaid meter, then you have the electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
The process is a very easy one. It saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest bank or electricity distribution company.