Last updated on August 24th, 2020 at 04:45 pm
This simple guide will walk you through the exact process you need to follow to make your JED prepaid meter online payment, generate token, and get your prepaid meter recharged successfully.
What is JED Prepaid Meter?
JED prepaid meter is an electricity prepaid meter operating under the issuance of the Jos Electricity Distribution Company.
The Jos Electricity Distribution Company (JED) is a public liability company and one of the 11 major electricity distribution companies or DISCOs with the license to generate, distribute, and market electricity to households in the Nigerian states. JED covers 4 Nigerian states only. These states include Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, and Gombe. The Jos Electricity Distribution Company is headquartered in Jos, the capital city of Plateau State.
JED PLC address and customer care contact
JED head office is situated at Electricity House, 9 Ahmadu Bello Way, Jos-Plateau State, Nigeria.
Customer Care line:07069403531
Email: [email protected]
There are several ways by which you can recharge your JED prepaid meter. You can either recharge using your smart meter card or recharge online at the comfort of your house. Here is a detailed guide on how you can recharge using your smart meter card and using shortcodes to check your account balance. This process takes time and it involves visiting any of the JED business centre in your area.
However, with nepa.ng, you can recharge your JED prepaid meter online anytime and anywhere you want. You do not need to leave your current location at all as nepa.ng allows you to enjoy simple and fast payment for your electricity bill right where you are. You can top-up your JED prepaid meter online in a few easy steps. The nepa.ng platform helps you save time, cost, and energy.
Requirements needed for you to recharge your JED prepaid meter online
You can buy tokens for your prepaid meters online without any hassle. Customers of JED PLC have made buying electricity token simpler by adopting online payment platforms that make it possible to pay bills once you have the following:
- Your JED prepaid meter number (Usually engraved in the body of the meter).
- Phone number (This is where your token will be sent).
- Internet-enabled device (PC, Laptops, or Smartphones).
- ATM card details (Master/Visa/Verve cards).
Once you have the following handy, let’s quickly proceed to how you can recharge your JED prepaid meter online in simple steps using nepa.ng
How To Make JED PLC Electricity Payment Online using nepa.ng
2. Here you’d see different DISCOs listed on the platform. Click on Jos Electricity Distribution Company and enter necessary details such as meter number, phone number, email, and the number of electricity units you want to buy then click the “submit” button.
3. Review and confirm your order summary, then select your preferred mode of payment (i.e. Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your card details appropriately.
4. The system accepts your payment details if entered correctly and then takes you to the final page which shows you that your order has been confirmed. Your token is sent to your mobile number and email address immediately.
Enter this token correctly on your JED prepaid meter, then you have the electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
The process is a very easy one. It saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest bank or electricity distribution company.