Last updated on December 3rd, 2019 at 04:40 pm
Port Harcourt is the capital and largest city of Rivers State, Nigeria. It lies along the Bonny River and is located in the Niger Delta.
Are you are already in Port Harcourt or thinking of visiting soon? Here is a comprehensive list of places you can hang out for fun.
1. ASIA TOWN: Asia Town is a high-class, modern restaurant and event center located at 24 Forces Avenue, in old GRA, Port Harcourt. It is the most exclusive venue featuring exotic events. It is a perfect hangout spot for lunches, dinners, after-work meetings, and chill outs. Visit Asian town and be wowed by its Chinese and Continental cuisines.
2. SPICE ROUTE: Spice Route is the home of good food, music, and culture. Located at Port Harcourt Mall, 1 Azikwe Road, Port Harcourt. They are specialized in cooking Asian cuisines.
3. LE MERIDIEN OGEYI PLACE: (Now called Ogeyi Place Hotel) It is a luxury hotel in Port Harcourt off Tombia road with ultimate decor, high-quality amenities, excellent personalized service, and mouth-watering cuisines. If you are visiting Port Harcourt and you need to lodge in a hotel, this is a place you should consider.
4. THE RED CORAL PORT HARCOURT: It is located at 17 Peter Odili Rd, Abuloma, Port Harcourt. Red Coral has a wide range of local and continental delicacies served to suit your taste bud. The relaxed environment of the cocktail lounge is popular as it is equipped with superlative interior decor.
5. EASTERN GARDEN CHINESE RESTAURANT: It is located at 1, Ogbunabali Road, Off Aba Road, Old GRA, Port Harcourt. This restaurant is one of the best Chinese cuisines in Port Harcourt. It is best known for its sea salt vanilla. The restaurant has a bar, a lounge, and Wifi service. It is a decent spot for hangout.
6. JEVENIK RESTAURANT PORT HARCOURT: It is located at 57 Tombia Street, GRA Phase 1, Port Harcourt, Rivers State. One of the leading restaurants and fast food joints in Port Harcourt, known for its delicious pepper soup, vegetable salad, juice, and local dish.
7. PLEASURE PARK: It is located at Aba Road, near the 2nd Amphibious Brigade Barracks (also known as Bori Camp), in Rumuola town, Port Harcourt. The park has a lot of fun attractions that include tower climbing, an artificial lake with pedal boats, fitness machines, football pitches, a mini-golf course, restaurants, and mobile gyms. It is a fun place for both old and young people to visit.
8. Faarah Coffee Lounge: Faarah Lounge is located at 37A Aba Road, CFC Bus-Stop. This place is well-known for its touch of class and the inspiration it gives to her visitors. They have a chef on standby, private lounges, luxury accommodation, VIP lounge, poolside lounge and then an exotic conference room. We guess you are wondering how a coffee shop has all these in place. Well, as they say at Faarah, it is not just about the coffee!
9. KODE 9: Kode 9 is located at 21b Ezimgbu Link Road (Mummy B), off Stadium Road, Port Harcourt.
Kode 9 is an upbeat hangout spot with side attractions to their food and drinks. You can play games, just sit-out and enjoy the company of friends, listen to good music, have casual meetings or even a group party.
10. ISAAC BORO PARK: The large garden has lots of garden chairs and tree canopies to shade visitors from the sun. The beautiful sculptures of the military men and weapons of warfare provide good vista for sight-seeing as well as picture shots. The garden is peaceful, neat and serene. And its location within the metropolis also provides a good avenue for the tourists to take in views and moments of the urban dwellers going about their usual business.
11. National Museum: The National Museum Port Harcourt is an Ethnographic Museum in Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria. The cultural objects in its collection include bronze, pottery, masks and masquerades, household utensils, fishing gears, currencies e.t.c. It currently houses a permanent exhibition with the theme “Life in the Niger Delta”.
12. COLDSTONE AND CREAMERY: Located at Olusegun Obasanjo Way, Elechi, Port Harcourt. This is a go-to spot to delight your taste buds with the ice cream of different flavors. They deal in providing delicious treats like creamy ice cream, cupcakes, ice cream cakes and many more.
13. YOGURBERRY: Yogurberry is a cute little place where only low-fat yogurt is sold. It is located at Apara Road, GRA and it’s very easy to locate. It is such a cute place ideal for a date, chills with friends and even family outings. The lightning is perfect for pictures as everywhere is really bright.
15. TOWNSHIP MEGA PLAZA: If you would need a couple of things during your stay in Port Harcourt like groceries, gifts for loved ones, clothes, then you should visit Township Mega Plaza!