Agbokim Waterfalls: The Seven-Faced Wonder of Nature
History of Agbokim WaterfallsThe history of Agbokim Waterfalls dates back to the early 90?s when a hunter named Ntankum made the discovery of the waterfall. He later brought his family members to reside around the waterfall area. Over the years, members of the Agbokim community have worked collectively to ensure that they develop this place. Due to the fact that the source of the water is from the remains of plants, they?ve encouraged afforestation. The Afforestation also helps to increase the volume of the water.
Best Time to Visit Agbokim WaterfallsIn order to get the best out of your trip to Agbokim Waterfalls, you should visit this place during the rainy season. You could be lucky to catch a glimpse of the rainbow across the falling sheets of water. Rainy season in Cross River occurs between April and September, with a short break in August. You should also have a non-slippery footwear with you, which is both water-resistant and would enable you to climb the rock effectively. Also, its proximity to cameroon gives you an opportunity for a cross-border experience
How to Get to Agbokim WaterfallsMargaret Ekpo International Airport (Calabar Airport) is the closest airport to waterfalls. The distance between Calabar Airport and Agbokim Waterfalls is about 315 kilometres. Thus, if you arrive at Calabar by flight, you would find taxis at the airport that would take you to a park in Calabar City. At this park, you would board a taxi to Ikom Local Government Area, from where you would find another taxi to the waterfalls.
Things to do at Agbokim WaterfallsAt Agbokim Waterfalls, you can carry out several activities which include;
- Feed your eyes with the view of this captivating seven-part picturesque waterfall.
- Serenade yourself with the sound of the water gushing down the beautiful terraces into the rainforest.
- Take pictures of beautiful sights at the waterfalls, which include the occasional appearance of the rainbow as well as the birds swirling in the air.
- Visit the Nigeria-Cameroon border, as it would afford you the opportunity of having the cross border experience.
- Organise a picnic with your friends and family members on the lush vegetation at the Agbokim Waterfalls.
- You can also lodge at the Agbokim Waterfalls. There are rooms at this place where you can spend the night. In the event that you?re planning to spend the night, just ensure that you carry your beddings.
People Who Like Agbokim Waterfalls Also Like;
Leave a comment