Last Updated on
Gone are the days when one has to go through the rigorous process of queuing at the “NEPA” office before being able to pay or renew electricity bills. You are going to learn in detail how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online from the comfort of your home.
Before the advent of digital payment platforms, you will need to physically visit the nearest bank or the electricity distribution company to pay for your electricity bills.
Things got a little better as one can successfully recharge electricity units from one’s bank app without having to visit the bank in person.
These days, it has been much easier to recharge your prepaid electricity meter online without necessarily making use of a bank app or an ATM machine. This will answer your question if you have been wondering how you can recharge a prepaid electricity meter online because you do not have a bank app or you do not want to stress yourself going to the ATM.
Necessary prerequisite needed to recharge prepaid electricity meter online
- A smartphone, Laptop or Desktop with an active internet
- Prepaid meter number (Usually written boldly on the body of your prepaid meter)
- ATM card details for customers who cannot transfer (Master/Verve/Visa cards)
- Phone number (This is where the token will be sent)
- Email Address
Now that you have So let’s quickly proceed to how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online even if you don’t have a bank app.
How to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online in simple steps using nepa.ng
- Get any internet-enabled device e.g mobile phone, laptop, desktop, etc.
- Go to your preferred browser and enter www.nepa.ng
- Select the electricity distribution company you are registered with (e.g. Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKDC) Prepaid.)
- Then enter your meter number.
- Enter the worth of electricity units you want to buy in Naira
- Input your phone number and email address and hit the submit button.
- Enter your credit card details
- Confirm your order summary
- In less than 10 seconds, a token is generated.
- Enter this token directly on your prepaid or postpaid electricity meter.
Then you will have your prepaid meter credited. Now you have discovered how to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online, even when you don’t have a bank app. Pretty easy, isn’t it?
You might also want to read how to apply for prepaid electricity meter in Lagos, if you are resident in Lagos or how to apply for IBEDC prepaid meter for those using the Ibadan Electricity prepaid meter.