Everything You Need To Know About Obudu Mountain Resort
History of Obudu Mountain ResortThe history of this resort located in Obudu Plateau can be traced back to when Mr Caughley, a Scottish Rancher, first explored the mountain ranges in 1949, as he camped on the mountaintop for a month before returning with Mr Hugh Jones, a fellow rancher, in 1951. Thus, it was developed in 1951 by two ranchers; Mr Hugh Jones and Dr Crawfield.
What is the Best Time To Visit Obudu Mountain Resort?Fun knows no end at Obudu Mountain Resort, the resort is always bubbling during the festive periods. The weather during this period is also favourable, as the festive period falls within the dry season in Cross Rivers, where Obudu Mountain Resort is located. It is also best to visit during the period between October and February as the weather during this period makes trekking over the high ground enjoyable.
How To Get To Obudu Mountain ResortThere's a direct flight from Lagos and Abuja to Calabar, from where you can get a Bus to the Resort. When you arrive in Calabar, take a bus that is going straight to Obudu, in order to save you some time, as other buses may have several stops on the way. It costs about 2,000 Naira. The distance between Obudu and the ranch is about 1 hour.There are taxis at Obudu that will transport you to the Ranch at a cost of 600 Naira. Driving from Calabar to the mountain resort could take up to 6 hours, which gives you ample time to enjoy the sight of the vegetation and the scenery on your way.
Things To Do At Obudu Mountain Resort
1. Get on the Cable CarWhen you visit the Obudu Mountain Resort, either drive from the bottom of the hill or take the cable car to get to the top of the resort centre. The hilltop is about 11 km of winding road from the base. Driving up takes about 25 minutes while using the cable car takes about 6 minutes. This Cable Car transport is the pi?ce de r?sistance at Obudu Mountain Resort and has been described as the longest cable car in the African continent. Tourists who visit this resort are always eager to get on this cable car and enjoy the fun of riding to the top of the resort in this car, as it affords you enlivening and exciting vistas of green rolling hills.
2. Play Outdoor GamesAt the Obudu Mountain Resort, the fun never stops, as there are loads of fun outdoor activities to get involved in. You can let loose with activities like swimming, horse-riding, golfing and hiking. This resort has two large river-sized swimming pools, where you can enjoy time in the water and also relax in the outdoor pool bed. When hiking, it is recommended that you go with firm boots and be psychologically prepared for the climbing expedition. With its 9-hole golf course, you are allowed to play a game of golf. The lush vegetation around the golfing area is an amazing sight to behold.
3. Join the Obudu Mountain RaceObudu has a race competition it holds every year, where it offers an attractive cash price. It is usually held in November. Against this backdrop, in the event that you visit Obudu in the month of November, make it a date at the Obudu Mountain Race.
4. Work Out at the GymObudu Mountain Resort has a fitness center stocked with state of the art facilities cities to help you stay fit and in shape. This gym boasts of facilities such as Dumbbells, Sit-up bench, and Treadmills.
5. Get on the Canopy WalkwayThe Canopy Walkway is a 100m swaying bridge which is suspended in the air. It stands 70m above the bottom of the forest. Taking a walk on the canopy walkway would afford the opportunity of enjoying the view of the beautiful forests around Obudu Mountain Resort. Climbing this canopy walkway can prove to be a daunting task but it comes with a whole lot of fun and excitement.
6. Go SightseeingFor lovers of nature, go on a sightseeing adventure at the Obudu Mountain Resort. The Resort houses about 250 varying species of birds. You will have an astonishing time watching the birds with your binocular.
7. Have A Meal at the RestaurantThere are about four eateries in this place which cater to the diet needs of tourists. Restaurants like Terrace Restaurant and Bar would sure treat you to their delicately prepared local and international dishes. Tourists can either decide to eat at the indoor restaurant or eat at the outdoor restaurant, from where they can have a beautiful view of the mountains.
How much will a Visit To Obudu Mountain Resort Cost?
- Having access to the ranch costs: 200 Naira.
- Taking a walk on the canopy walkway, which is managed by the Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) costs 300 Naira.
What are the Room Rates at Obudu Mountain Resort?You can easily book a room at Obudu Mountain Resort here. Bear in mind that these room rates are per night and might come with a complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, and access to some other standard facilites. Find below the cost of a room at the Obudu Cattle Ranch.
Room Rates At Obudu Mountain Resort[table id=74 /] *Please bear in mind that these prices are subject to change.
People Who like Obudu Cattle Ranch Also Like;
Leave a comment