Akwa Ibom @ 30!: 8 Ways to Get the Very Best Out of Orange September
14 September 2017
1. Go OrangeYes, you can literally paint the town and yourself orange, in honour of this 30th anniversary. The picture above is not photoshopped and if you are so inclined, you can do that too. However, if becoming a 3D mural isn't really your thing, you can still join the fun with a little less effort. The Colour Me orange app is available on the official Orange September website, here. All you have to do is upload your picture and you can be orange too.
2. Enjoy The Carnival, Join the ParadeOn the 17th September,? there will be a cultural festival?holding at Ibom Unity Park. The festival will be showcasing Akwa Ibom culture to its fullest. Complete with music, cultural dancers, floats and much more. Though you might not be a part of any official parade group, you can still dress up in your orange September colours and gyrate to the authentic Akwa Ibom beats.
3. Get in Touch With The Artist in YouOn the 18th September,? you can enjoy the unique Dise? Photo Exhibition??Ibibio Union Museum.? The?photo exhibition will showcase Akwa Ibom people, culture and beauty.
4. Eat, Eat and Eat Some MoreJoin the Ndidi Nnanyi food fest on the 19th September at Ibom Unity Park.?There you will find a marvellous display of over 200 different dishes from Akwa Ibom and the world over.
5. Put on Your Dancing ShoesOn the 20th September, the Ibom Music Festival?at?Ibom Hall, IBB Way. Enjoy artists like Tekno, Timaya, Flavour, Mc Galaxy, Pasto Goody Goody, Da Suspekt, Nathaniel Bassey and many others to thrill you with sounds from Akwa Ibom and the world over.
6.?Enjoy the Fashion ShowWith 15 designers showcasing contemporary and traditional Awka Ibom style, the? 21st of? September promises a? Fashion Show like none other. The venue is??Le Meridien?and the time is 6:00 pm. You wouldn't want to miss it.
7. Watch Beauty at its BestMany people know that the ladies of Akwa Ibom are beautiful without compare. Now imagine a stage full of 31 of the most beautiful contestants vying for the Ndoko Awka Ibom (Miss Akwa Ibom) crown. This is exactly what will be happening on the 22nd September at Le?Meridien Ibom Hotel and Golf Resort. Watch as the winner gains the rare honour of being the cultural ambassador of Akwa Ibom State, makes off with a brand new car and more.
8. Only the Best Room is Good Enough For YouIf you are coming from out of town and you want to enjoy Orange September to it's fullest there are some cheap hotels in Uyo you can stay in. Some of them are?Davok Suites, Monty Suites?and?Le Meridien Ibom Hotel
People who viewed this also liked...
Calabar Carnival: Africa's Largest Street Party?Ever heard of a party so lit it involved the whole town?! Well, now you have! From the outskirts of the city, down its remote parts, and straight through the very heart of the state, the Calabar Carnival is a totally awesome fun-filled fiesta.
How to Get the Best Out of This Year's Calabar CarnivalOne of the few places in Nigeria that always comes up in discussions about holidays and fun-filled vacations is Calabar. Owing mostly to the infamous Calabar Carnival, therefore, we bring you all the glitz and glamour of the Calabar carnival.
11 of the Biggest Cultural Festivals in NigeriaWe bring you a compiled list of the biggest and fiercest cultural festivals across all the states in Nigeria. From the Eyo festival to the Arugungu fish festival, and lots more.
Leave a comment
Leave a comment