Student visa . 26 Sep 2019 .

Student Visa from Nigeria to Thailand

  • Thailand issues a student visa to individuals coming to The kingdom of Thailand to study, attend conferences and training.
  • The visa is known as the Non-ED visa.
  • To apply for a student visa, the following additional documents are required:
    • A signed acceptance letter from the institution in Thailand. The letter must have attached a copy of the passport of the authorized person who signs it.
    • If you are applying to a private University, a copy of the institution’s registration certificate/ license.
    • Letter from your sponsor or letter of self-sponsorship.
    • The course syllabus.
    • Letter from the Ministry of Education of Thailand.
    • Degree certificate or transcript of previous institutions attended.
  • The student visa is valid for 90 days when you get it for the first time.
  • Before the end of the 90 days, you are to register and pay your tuition fee for the semester. With a confirmation letter about your registration, you can go ahead to apply for an extension of the visa.
  • You must apply for the extensions during your first week in Thailand.
  • Each extension is for a 90-day duration and the student can extend their visas three times, providing up to 12 months from the original date of entry.
  • If you traveled to Thailand with a 60-day tourist visa, and during your stay you need a non-ED visa, you can change your visa within the first 30 days of your entry without leaving the country. 
  • Your tourist visa must be valid for at least 21 more days, in any case, otherwise, you will have to leave Thailand to apply for the visa change visa.
  • Applicants are required to pay a visa fee of 26,000 naira cash. A receipt with the Embassy stamp will be issued after payment. The applicant is required to keep the receipt and present it for passport collection.
  • Fees are non-refundable and all submitted application documents will not be returned regardless of if the visa is granted or refused.
  • It is illegal to work in Thailand with your student visa.
  • Visa does not guarantee entry into Thailand. The Thai Immigration Bureau at entry ports have the authority to authorize or deny admission to Thailand.
  • Individuals travelling for a conference, seminar or training are required to submit the following documents:
    • A letter of invitation from the inviting organization in Thailand. The letter must be signed and sealed by an authorized person. The letter and signature must be original. Scanned copies will not be accepted.
    • Copy of the specimen signature of the authorized person who signs the letter, or a copy of passport of the authorized person/managing director who signs the letter.
    • Copy of the registration certificate of the inviting organization. If it is a private company, the certificate must be issued by the Department of Business Development, Ministry of Commerce of Thailand.
  • Every 90 days you stay in Thailand, you need to notify the Immigration Bureau to tell them your current address and it is free of charge.
  • If you do not notify the Immigration Bureau 7 days before or 7 days after the next 90 days are complete, you will be fined 2,000 Baht and if happens more than once then you could lose your visa.


Other Categories


If you enjoyed this, check these out!

Check out articles similar to this