Facts about Denmark
Denmark is a Scandinavian country comprising numerous islands. The capital of Denmark, Copenhagen, is home to the iconic Little Mermaid statue, royal palaces, the Tivoli amusement park as well as the colorful Nyhavn harbor.
The number of tourists arrivals in Denmark has been on the rise year after year. The country is on the heels of the major tourist destinations in the world. The country receives an average of 7.5 million visitors yearly and this is significantly going to increase in years to come.
Denmark is ranked as the eleventh most developed country in the world. The country is said to be one of the countries with the lowest level of corruption and has one of the world’s highest per capita income. Drug use is illegal in Denmark. Anyone found in the possession of illegal drugs will receive a fine and a heavy prison sentence.
Basic Travel Requirements for Nigerians visiting Denmark
- Passport with a validity of more than 3 months from the intended period of exiting the country. The passport should have at least two blank pages for the necessary stamp. Your passport must have been issued within the last 10 years.
- Duly completed visa application form signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport-sized photographs with a white background. The photo should measure 35mm x 45mm and the distance from your chin to the top of your head must measure 30mm x 36mm.
- Sufficient means to cover the duration of your stay in Denmark. The standard is for all foreigners to have up to 350 DKK per day for the duration of their stay. Foreigners who will be staying in a private home with the host covering all their costs will need a smaller amount. Those staying in a hotel should be in possession of 500 DKK per day.
- Travel insurance which has sufficient medical coverage. The insurance must have the same validity as the visa and must be valid for all Schengen countries. The validity of your visa may be reduced if the insurance is not valid for the duration of your intended stay in Denmark.
- Proof of accommodation for the period you will be staying in the country.
- Copy of return flight ticket.
Types of Denmark Visa
|Types of Visa
||Duration of Stay
Places in Visas of Denmark Fees