Last Updated on
South Africa is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. The country, located at the end of Southern Africa is the best place to start on a tour of Africa. Lovers of wildlife and nature are sure to have their minds blown away with the amazing sceneries the country has to offer. With a South African Tourist visa, you can tour the country without restrictions for as long as your visa is valid, attend festivities and cultural display and even visit friends and relatives in the country.
Nigerians are among the top visitors to South Africa but they, however, need a visa before they can enter the country. This should not discourage you from experiencing the once in a lifetime thrill of touring South Africa so this article simplifies and explains the requirement necessary for obtaining a South African tourist visa.
Requirements for a South African Tourist Visa
- A South African BI-84 visa application form.
- The form must be completely filled and in BLACK INK only.
- An International passport valid for a minimum of 30 days after your intended stay in South Africa.
- A photocopy of the first page of your passport(data page) and copies of previous passports.
- Ensure the passport has blank pages having no marks as they would be needed for visa endorsements.
- Two recent, coloured passport photographs taken in a white or plainly coloured background.
- Flight return ticket to Nigeria.
- Proof of sufficient funds for your trip which could be a bank statement not older than six months or a financial support letter from a sponsor with bank statements attached.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination certificate with a doctor’s stamp and signature.
- Verifiable South African hotel booking/ accommodation reservation.
- Cover letter, introducing one’s self and carrying contact details.
- For employed applicants, an introduction letter from your employer carrying the company’s contact details and signed.
- Minors are to have their original birth certificate and notarized authorization from their parents.
- Proof of civil status.
It takes a period of 8 weeks to process a South African Visa and VFS global limited has been appointed by the South African government to oversee the visa processing for Nigerians. All applications should be submitted to the VFS global offices around Nigeria in person.
South African Visa Fees
The South African tourist visa costs N8,600 (Eight thousand six hundred Naira) per individual with an additional service fee of N25,470 (Twenty-five thousand four hundred and seventy Naira). This fee is subject to change depending on the exchange rate at the time of your visa application.
South Africa Embassy in Nigeria
- Address: Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083. Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja.
- Telephone: (+234) 9 462 4200
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Website: www.dirco.gov.za/abuja/
VFS application center
- Address: 38, Lobito cresent, Wuse 2, Abuja
Telephone: 01 46 28 098
Opening hours: 08:00am to 3:00pm, Mondays to Fridays.