10 Amazing Art Galleries In Lagos You Have To See
Opening hoursThe gallery occasionally holds jazz festivals and open gallery nights and opens daily from 10:00 am to 6 pm.
Opening hoursMondays to Thursdays - 9:30 am-10:00pm Fridays and Saturdays-9:30 am-12:00am Sundays-12:00pm-12:00am
3. Omenka art galleryLocated at 24, Modupe Alakija Crescent, Ikoyi, Lagos, Omenka gallery reflects the fine architecture and art evident in everyday structures. This leading art gallery in Nigeria has a fine selection of established and emerging contemporary Nigerian and International artists working with diverse artistic media.?The gallery is located within the home of celebrated Nigerian artist, Ben Enwonwu which is not much of a surprise as the gallery itself is owned the legend?s son ?Oliver Enwowu. You can be sure to find lots of artworks from one of the fathers of arts in Nigeria and this adds to the historical and cultural significance of the gallery. It consists of an exhibition area- a large space, housing one of the finest collections of the artist?s works and an outdoor lounge which oversees calm waters. Drinks are also served in the lounge at average prices. Omenka is the entire package continues to serve up a treat every time you visit. It?s advisable to enjoy this place with your partner as the gallery is a relatively small one.
Opening hoursMondays to Fridays ?10:00 am - 6:00 pm Saturdays-10:00am-4:00pm Sundays-Closed
4. Red door galleryLocated at 51 Bishop Oluwole St, Lagos, Red door gallery was founded based on the belief that art is the ultimate form of expression of man?s deepest thoughts and that displayed artworks strive to provide insight into the mind of its creators. The gallery is painted white and it has a significantly marked red door which might be one of the reasons it?s called Red Door gallery. Beyond the door lies an overflow of originality and creativity that?s bound to stimulate you aesthetically. With one of the largest private art gallery spaces in Nigeria, you?re bound to be mesmerized. ?Red Door Gallery is a place for art collectors, consultants, and connoisseurs. If you don?t fall into any of the above, you?re still welcome! There are kind curators to help you out.
Opening hours10:00 am to 6:00 pm
5. Signature beyond art galleryThe signature art gallery was established in 1992 to cater for the preservation and promotion of African art. Since then, they have gradually expanded the chain to include furniture, accessories, architectural and interior designs. However, the gallery still remains a goldmine for exceptional works of art, art installations, and sculpture. It is located at 107, Awolowo Road, Ikoyi, Lagos. The gallery plays host to private shows and exhibitions which promote both young and established artists.
Opening hoursThe gallery opens from 9am-7pm
6. Art Twenty OneThis is a 600 sqm space and platform dedicated to contemporary art in Lagos, Nigeria. Located at 1415 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Kuramo Waters, Victoria Island, within the upscale of Eko Hotel and Suites, Art twenty-one is one of Lagos? newest art galleries. Currently managed by Caline Chagoury, ?Art Twenty One aims at contributing to and solidify the growing art scene in Lagos, as well as position the city as a major force in the international art world. With an extraordinary and unique set up in Lagos, space is designed to make art accessible to an audience who will be able to engage with a rich and diverse range of contemporary art, cultural practice, and educational art programs. They also host special art exhibitions occasionally.
Opening hoursMondays- By appointment only Tuesdays to Fridays-10 am to 6 pm Saturdays-11 am to 7 pm
7. Nimbus GalleryNimbus?is nestled above the Bogobiri Art House and boasts of an exclusive terrace for weekly art exhibitions. One of the best art galleries in Nigeria, It is a great place to explore modern art while enjoying a cold drink in the unusual ambience of the atmosphere. The entire building comprises an art gallery, outdoor restaurant and a live music stage which attracts talented artists and musicians from all over the world. The gallery is known to have hosted many prominent people including; ?Asa, Dbanj, Tony Allen, Jeremy Vine, Richard Quest, Damon Albarn, Ben Osawe, Tola Wewe, to name a few. Nimbus is located at 9, Maitama Sule Street off Awolowo Road, South-West Ikoyi, Lagos.
Opening hoursFrom 9 am to 5 pm.
8. ReleLocated at Lagos Island, Rele Gallery?is in the heart of some of Nigeria?s prominent art houses including the National Museum. The sophistication and youthful style of this gallery ensures that it is ever buzzing with young and vibrant art lovers. Rele provides an extraordinary, unconventional, contemporary art space with first-rate African art for public consumption. The art on display is constantly helping to redefine art and push forward existing boundaries. The Rele experience is one not so quickly forgotten so be sure to plan a visit to experience it firsthand!
Opening hoursMondays to Firdays-11:00am-7:00pm Saturdays-12:00pm to 6:00pm Sundays-2:00pm to 6:00pm
9. Osh GalleryEstablished in 2013, Osh is a privately owned art gallery in Lagos located at Herbert Macauley road, Yaba. If you're an art enthusiast who has adrenalin rush at the thought of having topical discussions on art, Osh is calling you.
Opening hoursMondays: 8 am to 6 pm Tuesdays - Friday: 9 am to 7 pm
10. Mydrim GalleryMydrim Gallery was established in Lagos, Nigeria in 1992. The gallery located at 74B Norman Williams Street Ikoyi, just off the busy Awolowo Road, seeks to focus on the wealth, beauty and message through the displayed works. Art collectors have developed a discerning eye for high-quality works of art which can be found here and as such a lot of people come to feed their eyes and imagination. The gallery continues to promote and showcase the expression of fresh talents in every artwork.
Opening hoursMonday- Friday: 9am to ?5pm Saturdays: 10am to 5pm
Leave a comment