From becoming one of the poorest countries, India has risen to become one of the top countries to accommodate foreign students. Statistic shows that 47,427 foreign students enrolled in learning institutions in India between the year 2018-2019.
India has the world’s second largest population (after China), it is not surprising that India’s education system has undergone rapid changes over the years. The higher education system in India is the third largest in the world. The main body that governs the tertiary level in the country is the University Grants Commission.They enforce standards, advise the government, and also help coordinate between the centre and the state government.
Documents Needed for the India Study Visa
These are the documents needed in order to apply for the India Study visa:
- Original passport valid for at least six months and with at least two blank pages.
- One 3.5 x 4.5 cm passport-sized photograph taken on blue background.
- Colored photocopy of data page.
- One original copy and photocopy of visa application form.
- Letter of Acceptance from a recognized educational institution in India.
- Letter containing full contact details of the applicant.
- Bank statement of applicant or sponsor for the past six months.
- Letter from sponsor confirming that he or she will sponsor applicant throughout the applicant’s stay in India.
- Oral Polio Vaccination/IPV certificate, valid for one year from the date of administering.
- Original certificates of your educational history in your home country.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Evidence of transfer of adequate funds for at least 4 months sustenance in India or production of traveler’s cheques for a similar amount.
India Study Visa Fee
The India Study Visa Fee for Nigerians is US$ 252.00 including surcharge of US$ 2.00.
India Study Visa Processing Time
The India Study visa application might take up to 3-4 weeks to be processed.
The Embassy of India in Nigeria
- ADDRESS: Indian Deputy High Commission in Lagos, Nigeria
8-A, Walter Carrington Crescent
- TELEPHONE: (+234) 1-448 0876 / 7
- FAX: (+234) 1-448 0882
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE: www.hciabuja.gov.in