Last updated on August 24th, 2020 at 04:44 pm
PHED is an acronym formed from the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company. The company is one of the 11 electricity distribution companies or DISCOs with the license to generate, distribute, and market electricity to the Nigerian states. The Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED) operates mainly in the Southern region of Nigeria and it supplies electricity to Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, and Akwa-Ibom States.
PHED address and customer service contact
PHED headquarter is situated at 1 Moscow Road, Old GRA, Rivers State
Customer care line: 0700 2255 7433, 08139834000, 08139834001, 08139834002, 09087838800.
There are several ways by which you can recharge your PHED prepaid meter. You can either recharge using your smart meter card or recharge online at the comfort of your house. Here is a detailed guide on how you can recharge using your smart meter card and using shortcodes to check your account balance. The process is time-consuming as it involves visiting any of the PHED business centres in your area.
If your region falls within Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross River, and Akwa-Ibom, the states which PHED (Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company) supplies power, this simple guide will show you how you can make PHED prepaid bill payment online.
With nepa.ng, you have the convenience of paying for your PHED electricity bill anytime and anywhere you want! You do not need to leave your current location because the platform allows you to enjoy simple and fast payment for your electricity bill right where you are.
Needed requirements for you to make your PHED prepaid meter bills payment online
You can always buy tokens for your prepaid meters online without any hassle. Customers of PHED have made buying electricity token simpler by adopting online payment platforms that make it possible to pay bills once the following are in place:
- Phone number (where your token will be sent)
- Internet-enabled device (such as smartphone, PC, or laptop)
- Meter number (Usually inscribed on the body of the prepaid meter
- ATM card details (Master/Visa/Verve cards).
Once you’ve settled the requirements above, let’s quickly proceed to how you can recharge your PHED prepaid meter online in simple steps using nepa.ng
How to make PHED electricity bill online using nepa.ng
2. Here you’d see different DISCOs listed on the platform. Click on Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company and enter necessary details such as meter number, phone number, email, and the number of electricity units you want to buy then click the “submit” button.
3. Review and confirm your order summary, then select your preferred mode of payment (i.e. Bank transfer or via credit card) and enter your card details appropriately.
4. The system accepts your payment details if entered correctly and then takes you to the final page which shows you that your order has been confirmed. Your token is sent to your mobile number and email address immediately.
Enter this token correctly on your PHED prepaid meter, then you have the electric prepaid meter credited automatically.
The process is a very easy one. It saves you time, energy and cost of transportation to the nearest bank or electricity distribution company.