Millenium Park Abuja - With Love From Mother Nature
History of Millenium Park AbujaCommissioned in 2004 by Her Royal Highness, Queen Elizabeth II of England, the park is the only place that has hosted the most amount of foreign personalities in the country (all the commonwealth leaders planted a Ravenala madagascarensis palm giving birth to the park).
Best Time to Visit Millenium Park
- The weekend is a good time to visit and relax at the park while getting in touch with nature.
- You can also take advantage of festive seasons and holidays to chill out at the park.
How to Get to Millenium Park AbujaFrom the airport in Abuja or anywhere in the city, take a cab or taxi to Asokoro. From there, its just an 11 minute drive to the park.
Things to do at Millenium Park
- Spend time with loved ones while appreciating the view of the surroundings.
- Watch the different species of birds as they chirp around the park
- Hold photoshoot sessions and shoot videos in the lush environment
- Organize picnics with friends and group hangouts.
- Take your dog for a walk through the park.
How Much Will Your Visit to Millenium Park cost?Access to the park is free for everyone.
Fun Facts about Millenium Park Abuja
- The park is totally safe for you to let your kids run around freely without any cause for alarm.
- The park has a small river that bisects its main rectilinear axis. One side of it consists of unspoilt nature, brushwood as well as greenhouses for butterflies and tropical birds. The other side is dedicated to the scientific knowledge of the natural environment with its very traditional and rigid Italian Style Garden Layout.
- There are plans in the pipeline to expand the park with projects to include the millennium tower, cultural centre and a museum that will house a broad collection of African arts.
- The park has series of fountains run alongside this white mark refreshing the public during the hottest days
People Who Like Millenium Park Also Like?
Leave a comment