Sweden is known for numerous things such as a vibrant culture, reserved, humble and friendly people, the Northern lights and a brilliant educational system. The country caters to every form of need an individual might have, little wonder it attracts not just tourists but students also. Nigerians who have been smitten by the wonders of the country and would like to study there need to meet certain entry requirements. These requirements ensure that even though the countries are far apart, the international students would still be as qualified as a local student.
The requirements are:
- All students regardless of their educational level (undergraduate, postgraduate, etc) must submit records of completion of upper secondary(high school education).
- If you have a previous qualification from an accredited university which awarded you a B.Sc degree equivalent to Swedish kandidatexamen, then you can apply for a Master’s degree.
- The Swedish kandidatexamen is the degree received after completing studies at the bachelor’s level.
- Master’s degree applicants would have to submit documentation of their previous studies and results.
- You must demonstrate proof of proficiency in English Language. The entry requirement is usually the equivalent of the Swedish upper secondary course English 6.
- However, if your high school qualification does not fulfill that requirement, you must submit the official results of TOEFL or IELTS.
- Your IELTS must have an overall score of 6.5 and no section below 5.5, TOEFL should have a score of 4.5 in written test and a total score of 575 (paper-based), Score of 20 in written test, total score of 90 (internet-based).
- If you recently got married and changed your name, you must provide documentation of the legal change of name.
- To link your documents with your admission application, you must print out a cover letter that would contain your personal details and reasons for wanting to study in the particular Sweden University, sign it and attach your documents to it when sending them through regular posts.
- Those submitting their documents online do not require the cover sheet.
- Some universities require the student to complete courses in Mathematics equivalent to the Swedish courses, Mathematics 1a,1b,1c. Your course of study might require your Mathematical level to be higher e.g. Engineering.
Once you submit all the required documents, you have become a step closer to being offered provisional admission into the prestigious universities in Sweden. As soon as you have been offered admission, you need to apply for a visa and a residence permit. The residence permit allows its holder to work while studying in Sweden but takes a long time to be processed. This is why it should be applied for as soon as you have been admitted.