This page informs you of our (www.hotels.ng) policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information wereceive from users of the Site.
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact oridentify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name, phone number and email address.
Use of Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data").This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type,browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pagesand other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor andanalyze this to better understand our customer behaviour and improve our services.
Provide products and services
We use your personal information to provide products and services to you in terms of this agreement and any otherproducts and services for which you may apply (reservations, cab services and so on)
As part of our services, we would like to give you information about products and services offered by hotels.ng whichwe believe will be of great benefit to you. We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters,marketing or promotional materials and other information that will market and communicate our products, servicesand special offers, and to contact you for research purposes (the research companies we use follow strict codes ofconduct and treat customer information confidentially)
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent toyour browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive. Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collectinformation. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, ifyou do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Data Security and Third Party Access
- The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over theInternet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means toprotect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We ask people who provide services to us to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personalinformation to carry out their services. In other countries where the products or services are provided where they maynot have the same data protection laws as the country where the products or services are provided, where we can,we will ask the receiving party to agree to our privacy policies
You consent to us at hotels.ng to collect your personal information where lawful and reasonable, from public sources to credit,fraud and compliance purposes, as well as for the purposes set above.
If you give us personal information about or on behalf of another person (including, but not limited to, account signatories,shareholders, principal executive officers, trustees and beneficiaries), you confirm that you are authorised to:
- give us the personal information
- consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal information, specifically any cross-border transfer of personalinformation into and outside the country where the products or services are provided: and
- receive any privacy notices on their behalf.
You consent to us processing your personal information
- to provide products and services to you in terms of this agreement and any other products and services for which you may apply,
- to carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (thisincludes improving existing and developing new products and services)
You will find our processing practices on hotels.ng website and our privacy statements are also included.
If you are unsure about your tax or legal position because your personal Information is processed in countries other than whereyou live, you should get independent advice.
- You have a right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction ofprocessing concerning the data or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
- In the event of a violation of this policy, or in the event that you need to withdraw consent, we provide a time frame of1 month from request for resolution
- Information provided to you and any communication and any actions to be taken by us shall be provided free ofcharge. Where requests from you are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitivecharacter, we may either:
- Charge a reasonable fee considering the administrative costs of providing the information or communication ortaking the action requested; or,
- Write a letter to you stating refusal act on the request We shall bear the burden of demonstrating the manifestly unfounded or excessive character of the request
- Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the natural person making the request for information,we may request the provision of additional information necessary to confirm the identity of the natural person.
- You have the right to request that we delete your Personal Data without delay, provided that the Personal Data is nolonger necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or processed, or that you have withdrawnconsent on which the processing is based, or that there is no legitimate grounds for the policy. We will delete yourdata immediately once such requests are made
Changes To This Data Consent Policy
This Data Consent Policy is effective as of 22nd November, 2019 and will remain in effect except with respect to any changesin its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change our Data Consent Policy at any time and you should check this Data Consent Policyperiodically. Your continued use of the Service after we post any modifications to the Data Consent Policy on this page willconstitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Data ConsentPolicy.
If we make any material changes to this Data Consent Policy, we will notify you either through the email address you haveprovided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our website.
If you have any questions about this Data Consent Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer: Seun Akinboni, [email protected].